hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Hicks" <jehi...@novell.com>
Subject Force-close connections queston
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:02:52 GMT
My reason for wanting to join was to thank all of you for a great
library and to ask if anybody has code available to do exactly what the
docs suggest in this section of the user guide:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/performance.html#Connection_persistence

"The easiest way to disable connection persistence is to provide or
extend a connection manager that force-closes connections upon release
in the releaseConnection (
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/HttpConnectionManager.html#releaseConnection(org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection)
) method."

I would like to be able to force connections to not be persistent while
still using the multi-threaded http connection manager. If there is code
already available, that would be great. I think that just changing the
current multi-threaded http connection manager might be trivial, but I'm
not exactly sure what code to add to force the connections to close.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jakarta/commons/proper/httpclient/trunk/src/java/org/apache/commons/httpclient/MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.java?view=markup

Thanks

Jeremy Hicks
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of information solutions
http://www.novell.com