hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject HttpAsync Design - please review
Date Sun, 28 May 2006 11:44:08 GMT
Hi all,

I have completed a first version of the wiki page on the HttpAsync design:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/HttpAsyncThreadingDesign

I will later add details about the use of background threads in dispatcher
implementations, but I want to gather some feedback on the design level
first. In particular, I'm interested in your opinion on the red vs. cyan
design question. The current implementation is based on the red design.

Note: as all communication on this mailing list, this request for review
is addressed to _everyone_, not just to the usual suspects. If you have a
view, please share it with us. Rationales are welcome, but not required.

cheers,
  Roland