hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r408172 - in /jakarta/httpcomponents/httpcore/trunk/src: contrib/org/apache/http/contrib/benchmark/ java/org/apache/http/protocol/
Date Sun, 21 May 2006 14:18:51 GMT
Hi Oleg,

> Author: olegk
> Date: Sun May 21 07:06:29 2006
> New Revision: 408172

> Log:
> Changed standard request and response interceptors to use a special marker class when
creating special protocol headers.
> Automatically generated headers can now be distinguished from those added explicitly
by the user.

What is the advantage of an extra interface over a flag attribute
as was used in HttpClient? I consider attributes more reliable,
because they do not make assumptions about class hierarchies.
Others share this opinion, for example org.w3c.dom.Node uses a
type attribute to distinguish between node types rather than
instanceof checks. It allows for a single implementation class
for several interfaces.

We still can't allow interceptors to change or remove headers,
but that is a different story.

cheers,
  Roland