hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: New Tutorial in Wiki
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 13:09:22 GMT
Roland,

It's very good! But I find it a bit focussed on a "bad practice"
solution often endorsed by hobbyists. Programmatic processing of HTML
pages is really not something you should do. HTML interfaces are for
humans not for computers. This should be pointed out.

I would like to see a more professional use case that uses an XML
interface for instance. Or one that downloads a document from a document
management system.

Unfortunately I have very limited time currently...

Odi

Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have collected some of the information available in the
> mailing list archives into a new Wiki page:
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/ForAbsoluteBeginners
>
> The new page does not explain how to use the HttpClient API,
> but what to use it for. This was inspired earlier this year,
> mainly by Jerry and Rajapandian. I feel that this kind of
> tutorial has been missing so far, if not from the internet
> then at least from the higher ranks of Google and Altavista
> search results.
>
> Please review, correct, and suggest improvements. Once the
> first round of reviews is completed, we can consider adding a
> link to the user guide and/or tutorial on the HttpClient site.
>
> cheers,
>   Roland

[web]  http://www.odi.ch/
[blog] http://www.odi.ch/weblog/