hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [HttpComponents] Moving forward
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:16:08 GMT
Hi Oleg,

> It all depends how much time Mike can invest into developing and
> maintaining HttpConn. If not much, we should seriously consider using
> Commons Pool.

Once we're there, if Mike doesn't have the time, I might pick up
the connection management code from him. Using commons pool is an
option, but I have no idea how complicated it would be to implement
the "connections per host" limit there.

> Besides, I can well imagine HttpAsync gradually developing into a set of
> extensions to plain HttpClient providing support for asyncronous
> execution of requests and request pipelining. So, maybe dependency on
> HttpClient is not such a bad thing after all.

Hmm, yes. I never thought of it that way, because I always considered the
HttpClient component and object to be the point where all other components
are tied together. Thanks for putting me back into perspective :-)

cheers,
  Roland