hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [HttpComponents] download page
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:26:31 GMT
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 17:46 +0100, sebb wrote:
>
>>I could not find a License link - useful to have it by or on the
>>Download section.
>

> Sebastian,
>
> Maven puts a link to the project license under 'Project Info'
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/http-core/license.html
>
> If you think it is necessary, I'll add the link to the download page a
> well.

The license is only under "Project Info" for http-core, not for
the components. Sebastian already mentioned that the menu item
is called "Project License" instead of "License", and at least in
my browser the "Project Info" navigation section is collapsed by
default. That is a little too much effort for somebody who does
not know where to look for the license.
I know that I have come across useful tools or libraries before
and found it quite annoying that I had to search for the license.
Please add a link to the license page somewhere on the download
pages. Since we probably can't help it that each component gets
it's own license page from Maven, I would suggest to add the link
to the respective page right after the link to the release notes.

cheers,
  Roland