hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: HttpClient Cookie confusion
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 06:17:49 GMT

Monkey Mike wrote:
> In all of these cases, I still get "Cookie Rejected" warnings for
> various reasons.

The question is WHY those cookies are rejected. Please post relevant log
excerpts.

 > I realize that the servers are breaking the rules, but
> I don't have control over these servers and so I have to be able to
> handle whatever they throw at me.

It it not only about WHAT to handle but HOW to handle them. Without
knowing the standard a cookie conforms to the way to parse it may be
ambiguous.

> So is there a way to turn off these restrictions?

By providing a custom cookie policy you can do whatever you want.

 > Or is there something
> else that I might be doing wrong?

We'll see from the logs.

Ortwin