hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [HttpComponents] HttpCore 4.0-alpha1 bin and src assemblies
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 15:59:27 GMT
Hi Oleg,

1) I get a tar error for both .tar.gz archives:

   tar: A lone zero block at 8486     (bin)
   tar: A lone zero block at 9725     (src)

   I can extract the files, the error appears only at the end.
   My tar version is "tar (GNU tar) 1.15.1" on Gentoo/x86.

2) I have no problem with the source distribution containing
   everything from the binary distribution. If size should
   ever become a problem, we can still switch to source-only
   and tell folks to download both to get everything.

3) Are we free to choose the artifact names/IDs? I would prefer
   "jakarta-http-core" instead of "jakarta-httpcore". Of course
   that is only because "jakarta-httpcomponents-core" is really
   too long. But I think the common prefix for our components
   should end with a separator char.

4) Is the location of the JAR file in the archives required by
   Maven or convention? I would have put it in a subdirectory
   "lib/" or "jar/" to reserve the top level directory for the
   necessary bla-bla files, and to avoid a really long filename
   in the top level directory. The output from "ls" is easier
   to read without long filenames.

cheers,
  Roland