hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HttpComponents] HttpCore 4.0-alpha1 bin and src assemblies
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 16:52:34 GMT
On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 18:31 +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> the build.xml is not in the source distribution.
> Is that intended? People should be able to build.

Maven's pom.xml should be sufficient to rebuild the whole distribution.

The trouble is that presently build.xml of all components are dependent
on build-common.xml located in '../project' directory. There's no point
in including it. It will not work. I tried to generate build.xml using
maven but it would not work for me either.

Our options are:
(1) Do not ship build.xml and require the users to use maven2 to build
the distribution.
(2) Remove build-common.xml and duplicate its content in all the
comnponents' build files (which would be a shame)
(3) Try to make Maven's ant-plugin work
(4) Create a minimal build file to be exclusively shipped with source
assembly

My preference would be to delay this decision until the next release
followed by option 4. HttpCore 4.0a1 is intended for internal Jakarta
consumption only. Jakarta developers are expected to be able to build
stuff

Oleg