hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HttpComponents] HttpCore 4.0-alpha1 bin and src assemblies
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:00:22 GMT
On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 12:46 +0100, sebb wrote:
> Some packaging questions - feel free to dispute ...
>
> Should the src archive contain the compiled jar file?
>
> And the javadocs - do they need to be in both the src and bin archives?
> Seems to me that they aren't really needed with the source.

Sebastian,

I do not have a very strong opinion here. To me, however, a source
distribution should contain everything that the binary one does plus
everything what is required to re-create the distributed artifacts if
the need be. Most of the time I want to take a look at the source code
to see how things work internally and not necessarily build the whole
distribution myself.

This said, I can happily live with the source assembly containing source
code only.

Oleg