hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajat Sharma" <rsha...@airvana.com>
Subject RE: The future of HttpClient 3.x
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:38:24 GMT
Hi Oleg,

I have been following the threads for over a year now. I would love to get more involved.
Like Ryan, LMK know too :-)

Raj

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:56 AM
To: HttpClient Project
Subject: The future of HttpClient 3.x

HttpClient community,

Maintaining Commons HttpClient 3.x and working on HttpComponents is
getting a little too burdensome for me. At some point this year I plan
to stop actively hacking on HttpClient 3.x code. I would not even bother
to develop HttpClient any further, did not we owe a release with Cookie2
support to Google for having sponsored the 'Summer of Code' program.

Bottom line, I am very unlikely to continue working on HttpClient 3.x
beyond the 3.1 release.

If any of you is interested in *gradually* taking over the maintenance
of HttpClient 3.x code and by doing so freeing up the actual committers
to fully concentrate on HttpComponents (aka HttpClient 4.0) you are very
welcome to step forth. The 3.1 development would a perfect opportunity
to work yourselves into the project and the code base.

Oleg