hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Bindul Bhowmik" <bindulbhow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [http-core] Wrong pom.xml
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 00:11:51 GMT
> [...]
> >> Location: /home/oleg/src/apache.org/jakarta/httpcomponents/http-core/pom.xml
> >> Validation Messages:
> >>
> >>     [0]  'build.testResources.testResource.directory' is missing.
> >>

> >> Reason: Failed to validate POM
> >>

> >> [INFO]
> >> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> [INFO] Trace
> >> org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Failed to validate POM
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:365)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:278)
> >>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:115)
> >>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:249)
> >>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> >>         at
> >> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> >>         at
> >> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> >>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> >>         at
> >> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
> >>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
> >>         at
> >> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
> >>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> >> Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.InvalidProjectModelException: Failed
> >> to validate POM
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.processProjectLogic(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:781)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:631)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFile(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:303)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:274)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMaven.java:515)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java:447)
> >>         at
> >> org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:351)
> >>         ... 11 more
> >> [INFO]
> >> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> [INFO] Total time: < 1 second
> >> [INFO] Finished at: Sun Mar 19 13:03:12 CET 2006
> >> [INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
> >>
> >> The http-core pom.xml is indeed invalid according to the schema but
> >> Maven 2.0.2 does not seem to mind
> >>

> > Probably need to open an issue with Maven?
> >

> Can you reproduce the problem? As far as I can tell this does seem to be

I could reproduce it. But then resolved the problem. The test resource
element requires the directory
(/project/build/testResources/testResource/directory) element.
Strange, the XSD does not mandate this element, but the code fails to
validate this.

I have created another patch with this fix. It succeeds to compile and
run all the tests on my machine.

BTW, are both 'testSourceDirectory' and 'testResources' required? The
same number of tests run on my machine with 'testSourceDirectory'
commented.

> >> Patch applied
> >>

> > Thanks. But, did not see a commit.
> >

> Are you subscribed to httpclient-commits@jakarta.apache.org?

No, I am not. But did not see the change coming into my workspace (on
SVN update) for quite some time.

I apologize if I am taking up too much of your time. Beginners hiccups I guess.

Thanks Oleg.

Bindul