hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Using "removeRequestHeader" method.
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:36:37 GMT
Hi Tom,

the mailing list archive is your friend:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpclient-dev/
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpclient-dev/200603.mbox/%3c8A4F55A988C94B40B668BADA133C5CE40A81C101@mn-msp-exchange.OldRepublicTitle.com%3e

> Thanks for the information.  The reason I was attempting to remove these
> request headers was to imitate what the Internet Explorer was doing when
> it does a post request to the same web page.  Maybe Internet Explorer is
> not following the rules for HTTP protocol.

Or maybe you've overlooked a tiny little detail, such as the HTTP version
that IE is using or whether the request is sent through a proxy.

> I have only been using the request entity when doing a multi-part post
> request.  When the post includes only text type parameters I do not
> create the request entity.  Am I doing that right?

If the server likes your requests, then you're doing things right :-)
If you use our PostMethod, you always have a request entity. Setting
name/value pairs directly at the method will implicitly create one,
using url-encoded form parameters.

cheers,
  Roland