hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: NTLM proxy auth
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:15:58 GMT
John,

We currently have no plans to change the NTLM support in HttpClient. We
would like to hand off NTLM support completely to a third-party library
as the code is complex and the protocol is undocumented. So it's
necessary that it be maintained by someone doing nothing else. We would
like to use JCIFS but unfortunately licensing issues prevent us from
doing that. The only option I see is to make a LGPL authentication
scheme that uses JCIFS and host this over at sf.net or savanna. But it's
impossible for us to include it in HttpClient.

Ortwin Glück