hc-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: Http components to Network components ?
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:04:55 GMT
Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> Can we expect any of the existing Commons [Net] committers to join the
> project if we took the Commons [Net] on board? Would they be willing to
> split the code base into a separate module per a network protocol?
> Otherwise wouldn't it be kind of silly if we had almost a dozen modules
> dedicated to various aspects of HTTP and one module containing all other
> protocols (ftp, smtp, finger, and so on)?

My answer is 'I don't know'. As this is at the brainstorm level, I've
not yet proposed it to commons-net yet. (Think of it as offering you
guys first refusal).

I agree with your analysis though. To work sensibly, would involve
commons-net becoming smaller units.

Do you want me to propose the suggestion on commons-dev?

Stephen