hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject http-async: next steps
Date Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:50:55 GMT
Hello all,

while working on the notification interface for the http-async component,
I could no longer ignore the fact that the complexity is quickly running
out of control. I therefore want to proceed as follows:

1. Add the notification interface (bug 38943).
   This will allow interested people to play with http-async.

2. Add logging capability.
   This will allow us to help people playing with http-async.

3. Declare a code freeze (feature freeze) on http-async.

4. Write an extensive description of threading and notification in http-async.
   It is absolutely necessary that this information is available someplace
   else than just in my brain and, partially, in the source code. I guess the
   Wiki is a good place for such design documentation.
   This will allow others (and myself) to review the design and spot holes.

5. Implement test cases based on 4 and debug the code that we have.
   (Includes extending the JavaDocs based on 4.)

6. Lift the code freeze on http-async.

Steps 4 and 5 are likely to keep me busy for several months.

Please let me know what you think.

cheers,
  Roland