hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: java.net.URL or URI
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:04:55 GMT
Hi John,

> Do any dreams/plans exist to add a "user" timeout that isn't tied to
> socket or connection timeout?

We get questions about user timeouts once in a while. It is in no
specification I am aware of, and I don't know any elegant way to
simply put it in, so I don't think we'll implement it. Our standard
answer is: start a timeout thread and call HttpMethod.abort() after
the timeout. That's what we would have to do, too.

> PS: Don't worry about me, I am way to emotionally invested in log4j to
> nest statements so deep like the example I typed out for reference.  I
> would have like six potential problems in each line of code.

We worry about all our users :-)

cheers,
  Roland