hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: [HttpComponents] web site (update 3)
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 17:43:00 GMT
Hi Oleg,

> I seriously doubt browsers can resolve relative links,

They have to, that's specified by HTML:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/types.html#h-6.4
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#h-12.1.1
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#resolving-relative-uris

I've been using relative links in local HTML pages for quite a while.
They work as expected, whether I access the pages via file:/// from
Windows, via file:/// from Linux, or via an HTTP server.

> I rephrased this section a little, please let me know if you like it
> better

Yepp, better. I am still wondering whether the complaints about the
libraries, in particular commons-logging, came from people who had
a lot of other libraries to integrate, or rather from people who had
few other libraries and didn't like to have to learn how to integrate
anything at all. I would have expected that a lot of dependencies
gives them integration practice, so that another library or two don't
matter much.

cheers,
  Roland