hc-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HttpComponents] web site (update 5)
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:13:59 GMT
> On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 17:10 +0000, sebb wrote:
> > On 08/03/06, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Folks,
> > >
> > > I just updated and redeployed the preview of the HttpComponents web
> > > site.
> > >
> > > Changelog:
> > > * Link to the project Wiki per Roland's request
> > > * HttpCore module now includes javadoc, source cross-reference and
> > > clover (test coverage) reports
> > >
> > > The preview can be found at the usual location
> > > http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcomponents/
> > >
> > > Please let me know if you think something major is still missing.
> >

> Many thanks, Sebastian
>
> > Not major, but:
> >
> > How about linking the Netscape Cookie spec to the front page?
> >

> Done.
>

> > ==
> >
> > A few minor layout issues:
> >
> > There's an unexpected change of font size on the pages:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcomponents/charter.html
> > http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcomponents/goals.html
> >
> > It looks like the style for bullet points has a larger font size than
> > the main text.
> >

> Fixed

Looks much better now.

> > The link at the bottom of the page:
> > http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcomponents/http-core/issue-tracking.html
> >
> > works, but I'm not sure it helps to have it displayed in full...
> >

> I cant help it. This is the way Maven end up generating the page.

Yuk!

I guess/hope that will be fixed by Maven one day...

> Please review

A little gremlin seems to have attacked the Cookies page:

Netscate

> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcomponents/

Generally it looks very good, and seems to be easy to navigate.

Just noticed something a bit strange - the HttpCore and HttpAsynch
module pages have a left navigation bar with a "Home" link, but the
other modules don't. Not sure whether this is intentional or not.

The naming of the modules makes their purpose fairly clear, but it
might still be useful to have a brief summary of each on the front
page.

It would be nice if the Wiki link indicated that it was an "external" link.

Sorry if these seem picky ... feel free to ignore!

S.