hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpComponents + Maven + Eclipse
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:13:51 GMT
On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 20:05 -0700, Bindul Bhowmik wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> Anybody else here using Eclipse for their development?

I am. I am not using the maven2 plug-in, though. I am not a very big fan
of Maven in general

>  I tried to
> check out http-components' http-core module as an eclipse project. I
> am using the maven2 plug-in for eclipse, and somehow even after I
> enable the plug-in for the project, it is unable to get the
> dependencies.
>
> The console has the following:
> <console>
>
> 3/18/06 7:27:14 PM MST: Reading /http-core/pom.xml
> 3/18/06 7:27:14 PM MST: Project build error POM
> 'org.apache.jakarta.httpcomponents:httpcomponents' not found in
> repository: Unable to download the artifact from any repository
>
>   org.apache.jakarta.httpcomponents:httpcomponents:pom:4.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>
> </console>

Can it be the plug-in is unable to find the global HttpComponents
pom.xml? I suspect one needs to check out the entire httpcomponents
directory off the SVN trunk using command line svn client and manually
set up individual modules in Eclipse.

Oleg