hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HttpComponents][HttpCore] EntityGenerator and EntityWriter interfaces revisited
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:43:49 GMT
On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 00:20 +0100, Ortwin Gl├╝ck wrote:

>  > This way, the content entity is always
> > guaranteed to be correctly serialized. The message headers are expected
> > to be set up by the protocol interceptors. This comes at the cost of a
> > small performance hit, as the EntitySerializer now has to parse HTTP
> > headers contained in the message. I believe it is the price worth
> > paying. Faster but less bullet-proof implementations are easily possible
>
> IMHO this design inhibits reuse a bit. What if I would like to use the
> entity serializer outside the context of a message?

Odi,

At the very least the entity serializer needs to know the protocol
version, which is usually communicated in the message header.

> > * More test cases. The test coverage is already at 65%, which is not too
> > bad, and I plan to bring it to 80% in the coming days
>
> Are these Clover figures?

These are Clover figures. The Clover coverage reports for HttpCore are
now always available at the HttpComponents web site

> > Please review the changes.
> >
> > As far as I am concerned this is the last item that I wanted fixed
> > before ALPHA-1. I intend to call a formal vote on the HttpCore ALPHA-1
> > release sometime next week, provided no release blockers are found
>
> Wow - big effort, Oleg! You were not at work today? :-)

You know what? I work at home these days and I am free to hack on
HttpComponents any time I please ;-)

Cheers,

Oleg