hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bugzilla vs Jira revisited
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:01:29 GMT
On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 12:55 +0100, Ortwin Gl├╝ck wrote:

> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> > Roland,
> >
> > I should have elaborated this a little more. Essentially we have three
> >
> > (1) Keep BZ as an issue tracking system for JHC and JCHC. Work with the
> > infrastructure people to reorganize HttpClient project to fit our needs
> > (rename HttpClient project to HttpComponents, rename HttpCommon to
> > HttpCore, add missing modules and release milestones)
> >
> > (2) Wholesale move to JIRA. JCHC is just a another module in JHC project
> >
> > (3) Use BZ for JCHC. Use JIRA for JHC
> >
> > In my opinion the third option is the most problematic one. It is just a
> > matter of time until some users will end up reporting JCHC bugs in Jira
> > and JHC bugs in Bugzilla leaving us with a horrible mess on our hands.
> >
> > I am personally for the second option.
> >
> > Oleg
>
> One more thing to think about: In past release notes we list all BZ IDs
> of fixed issues. Moving to JIRA would render them invalid I guess.

As far as I know Jira keeps original ids of issue reports imported from
BZ. So, this should not be a problem

> Is
> there a way to set the BZ to read-only mode?

Partially. A project in BZ can be marked as closed, which implies no new
issues can be added, but one can still modify existing ones open prior
to the project closure. This is something we will have to live with.

Oleg