hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Becke" <mbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP CLIENT - Question regarding charset setting in MultipartPostMethod
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:28:04 GMT
Hi Marie-Jo,

This is only true when the charset is passed with the StringPart
constructor (for backwards compatability reasons).  Calling
setChartSet(null) will do what you want though.

Mike

On 2/27/06, Plainecassagne, Marie Josephe <mplainecassagne@ptc.com> wrote:
> Mike,
>
> With Httpclient 2.0, the setting on charset is applied whatever value you provide.
> With Httpclient 3.0, the setting is changed to US-ASCII when the value applied is not
"correct", for instance null or "ISO-8859-1".

> Thanks
>
> Marie-Jo

you can can control the chartset parameter by using the FilePart object directly.  For example
try:

> FilePart f = new FilePart(targetFile.getName(), targetFile);
>
> f.setChartSet(null); // remove the header
>   or
> f.setCharSet("\"ISO-8859-1\"");  // change the header to "ISO-8859-1"
>
> filePost.addPart(f);
>

> Also, if you're going to use HttpClient 3.0 I would recommend moving away from the MultipartPostMethod
and using the PostMethod with the MultipartRequestEntity instead.