hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Becke" <mbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP CLIENT - Question regarding charset setting in MultipartPostMethod
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:29:25 GMT
Hi Marie-Jo,

Sounds like you're referring to the multipart headers, is that
correct?  Assuming so, you can can control the chartset parameter by
using the FilePart object directly.  For example try:

FilePart f = new FilePart(targetFile.getName(), targetFile);

f.setChartSet(null); // remove the header
  or
f.setCharSet("\"ISO-8859-1\"");  // change the header to "ISO-8859-1"

filePost.addPart(f);

Also, if you're going to use HttpClient 3.0 I would recommend moving
away from the MultipartPostMethod and using the PostMethod with the
MultipartRequestEntity instead.

Mike