hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HttpCore] GZIP content compression in 'contrib' package
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 20:18:00 GMT
On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 19:38 +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> I am still a little itchy about the fact that such a clear distinction
> on the implementation level is not reflected in the interface hierarchy.
> But introducing tag interfaces without additional methods is pointless.
> JavaDocs will suffice.

This is not that bad in fact. Consider GzipCompressingEntity class for
instance. As far as HTTP content compression is concerned this is
clearly a type of outgoing entity. However, it can also be used to wrap
an incoming entity on the client side in order to compress its content
prior to saving it in a database BLOB field. The same class is perfectly
usable in a different context, which is a good thing in my opinion

Cheers,

Oleg