hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Kim B. Andersen" <KI...@tdc.dk>
Subject Slow to open connection after an hour or so
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:48:34 GMT
Hi

I'm devolping a program which grabs webpage every 5min and measure the
time it takes. I have succesful used httpclient to get the pages and it
works fine:). The problem is opening of connection in httpclient get
very slow after and hour or so.The first hour opening a connection takes
50ms at max and after an hour it takes 10 seconds. Opening of connection
gets fast if I restarte the program. Any Ideas what the problem could
be?

I have tried the following/uses:

jvm version: 	1.5.0_6/1.4.2_05
httpclient:	3.0 rc4/ 3.0 rc4
I have tried both with proxy and out
I have tried both MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager and simple

Hope you can help me

/Kim Andersen