hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerdes, Tom" <TGer...@OldRepublicTitle.com>
Subject RE: Post Method - Content Length Header
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 21:30:46 GMT
This did work I was able continue after the Post operation.

The server is described in the response headers as:

Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0

Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 19:43:20 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 3:13 PM
To: HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: Post Method - Content Length Header

Gerdes, Tom wrote:
> Is this correct for setting the stale connection check to disabled:

No. This is not.

HttpClient theclient = new HttpClient();
theclient.getHttpConnectionManager().getParams().
  setStaleCheckingEnabled( false );

>   HttpClient theclient = new HttpClient();
>
>   HttpState httpstate = new HttpState();
>   theclient.setState(httpstate);
>
>   HostConfiguration hostConfiguration = new HostConfiguration();
>   hostConfiguration.setHost(host, port);
>   theclient.setHostConfiguration(hostConfiguration);
>   HttpConnection conn = new HttpConnection(hostConfiguration);
>
>   HttpConnectionParams params = conn.getParams();
>   params.setConnectionTimeout( 60000 );
>   params.setSoTimeout( 60000 );
>   params.setStaleCheckingEnabled( false );

You are using not using HttpConnection to execute HTTP methods, are you?

Oleg

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/performance.html#Stale%20co
> nnection%20check
>
> (4) What is the target HTTP server? What protocol version does it
> support?
>
> Oleg

com.ibm.as400.ibmonly.net.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.read(SSLSocketImpl.java:652)

>>>       at

com.ibm.as400.ibmonly.net.ssl.SSLInputStream.read(SSLInputStream.java:13

>>>3)
>>>       at
>>>java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:183)
>>>       at
>>>java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:201)
>>>       at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.isStale(HttpConnection.java

>>>:505)
>>>       at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.closeIfStale(HttpConnection

>>>.java:430)
>>>       at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMe

>>>thodDirector.java:381)
>>>       at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMetho

>>>dDirector.java:170)
>>>       at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:3

PostMethod("https://miwebcombank.ebanking-services.com/Nubi/signin.aspx"

>>>);
>>> post1.addParameter("__VIEWSTATE", viewstate);
>>> post1.addParameter("vtbCompanyId", CompanyID);
>>> post1.addParameter("vtbUserId", UserID);
>>> post1.addParameter("vtbPassword", Password);
>>> post1.addParameter("btnSubmit", "Sign In");