hc-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerdes, Tom" <TGer...@OldRepublicTitle.com>
Subject Post Method - Content Length Header
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 19:12:19 GMT
I use the simplelog.   I have never been able to get the wire version of
the log to work on the IBM Iseries JVM.  Do you know of anyone who has.

-----Original Message-----
From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:18 AM
To: Gerdes, Tom
Subject: Re: Post Method - Content Length Header

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 11:11:30AM -0600, Gerdes, Tom wrote:
> I working on an IBM Iseries.  I am not sure how to product a
> wire/context log of the http session.  I have provided a trace that
> includes the end of the trace of the http session.  I have also
included
> a snippet of the source code. .  Thanks!
>
> >>On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 10:00:38AM -0600, Gerdes, Tom wrote:
> >> I am trying to execute a Post method.   I keep getting  "read time
> out"
> >> errors because I am not including the "Content Length" request
> header.
> >> How can I get the length of the request so that I can add the
> >> appropriate request header.  The only method to do this I could
find
> is
> >> in the EntityEnclosingMethod and it is protected so I can not use
it
> >> directly in my class.
> >

> >Please produce a wire/context log of the HTTP session. A code snippet
> >might helps as well

Tom, please send your posts to tne mailing list. Do not write to me
directly

This is how you should go about generating the wire log

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html

Oleg

> Here is the trace information:
>
> java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out
>         at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:195)
>         at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:41)
>         at java.io.IOException.<init>(IOException.java:40)
>         at
> java.io.InterruptedIOException.<init>(InterruptedIOException.java:45)
>         at

com.ibm.as400.ibmonly.net.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.read(SSLSocketImpl.java:652)
>         at

com.ibm.as400.ibmonly.net.ssl.SSLInputStream.read(SSLInputStream.java:13
> 3)
>         at
> java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:183)
>         at
> java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:201)
>         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.isStale(HttpConnection.java
> :505)
>         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.closeIfStale(HttpConnection
> .java:430)
>         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMe
> thodDirector.java:381)
>         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMetho
> dDirector.java:170)
>         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:3

PostMethod("https://miwebcombank.ebanking-services.com/Nubi/signin.aspx"