hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Problems under heavy load
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:40:24 GMT
Hello Derek,

> Hello. I developed a class that, through ColdFusion, allows our systems to
> asynchronously post to a dynamicaly defined set of pages. As each response
> comes in it decides whether or not to end the decisioning process and accept
> the page that returned the proper response. The system works fine in
> testing, but once we put it up in actual use the servers started crashing
> and the following errors appeared in our logs:
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Method has been aborted

Well, your code includes an abort feature. If that is called from anywhere,
you will inevitably get exceptions reporting aborted methods. What causes
the crashes, and if it has somoething to do with HttpClient, is hard to tell
or even to guess. Do you have Java core dumps to analyse? Is there any
mechanism to limit the number of threads you are starting? Does cleanup
for those threads work?

hope that helps,
  Roland