hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Applications page
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:14:21 GMT
On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 11:22 -0500, Sam Berlin wrote:
> Both Odi & Oleg have very good points.  I agree that the page can
> become too unweildly and end up actually working against it's goal
> (promoting HttpClient & other projects) when it is too large.
> However, Oleg's correct in that it would appear to be very difficult
> to actually research into each project and see if it is a valid link.
>
> Perhaps some sort of compromise, where the description of the project
> must state how it uses HttpClient (and if the page still becomes too
> large, why it is a novel use of HttpClient).  I don't think any actual
> time needs to be invested into seeing if the project "really" uses
> HttpClient.
>
> The most recent entry (with the fork), as Odi said, is a great example
> of a good link.  Larry's link of The Ladders had a pretty bad
> description, so that would be an example of a bad link.
>
> > I just finished the fourth series of Six Feet Under on DVD :-) Have to
> > check out if there is a fifth...
>
> You should check out Dead Like Me.  It's much better. :)
>
> Sam

Folks,
I am cool with anything that works for the community. My points are
(1) It would not be right to start removing/demoting existing entries in
the Applications page based on a new set of criteria / policies.
(2) It would be silly to set up a whole bunch of fancy policies and then
fail to enforce them effectively

Oleg