hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject http-async use cases
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 20:10:11 GMT
Hi folks,

as you have probably guessed from the wiki spam, I have been collecting
most of my thoughts about the http-async component for 4.0 as use cases.
I'm through with the initial version now. At this point, I would appreciate
feedback about the five "Use Cases for Asynchronous Communication":

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/UseCases

I am particularly interested in things I may have forgotten or overlooked,
and in premature design decisions I may have implied in the discussions.

No need to hurry - I'll be offline from Dec 31st to Jan 7th at least.
After that, and as time permits, I will start having a more detailed look
at the use cases SingleAsyncRequest and SingleAsyncRequestNotify. These
will provide the application interface to asynchronous communication.

cheers and a happy new year,
  Roland