hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: svn commit: r353848 - in /jakarta/httpcomponents/trunk/http-core/src: java/org/apache/http/ java/org/apache/http/io/ java/org/apache/http/util/ test/org/apache/http/util/
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 09:33:50 GMT
Oleg,

All right. I am glad you are not doing this unconciously. It will be
interesting to see benchmark results. My guess is that you should not
see a significant performance gain (I expect less than 5%). The modern
GC algorithms in the Sun VMs are very good for short-lived Objects. To
see a difference you probably have to run HttpClient with multiple
threads under a high load for a long time, so that enough garbage is
produced and the GC actually has to run. The number of CPUs will have an
effect as well.

Odi