hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [HttpComponents] HTTP benchmarking tool
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:46:26 GMT
Folks,

I have just checked in the first (and a very rough) cut at the HTTP
benchmarking tool I plan to be using to measure performance of the
HttpCore components:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpcomponents/trunk/http-core/src/contrib/org/apache/http/contrib/benchmark/

The tool attempts to simulate the interface and output of ab [1] and
implements a subset of its functionality. The tool requires java 1.3 or
above and Commons CLI library.

Anyone who is familiar with ab should be able to configure HttpBenchmark
using similar command line options. Feel free to check it out and start
testing.

At some point I intend to port it to HttpClient 3.0 API, so we could
have a similar tool to be able to compare its performance with that of
HttpCore / HttpClient 4.0.

Oleg

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/programs/ab.html