hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question on features of HTTPClient 2.0
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 13:28:38 GMT
On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 01:01:58PM +0000, kunal ashar wrote:

> Hi,
>

> One of the HTTPClinet 2.0 Features says that
>

> Connection management support for use in multi-threaded applications. Supports setting
the maximum total connections as well as the maximum connections per host. Detects and closes
stale connections.

> This says that it detects and closes the stale connections.
>

> My questions is
>

> "Is closing of idle connections are automatically taken care or we need to implement
IdleConnectionTimeoutThread to close the idle connections forcefully?"

Idle and stale connections are different things. Stale connections are
automatically taken care of per default, whereas idle ones are not.
Please note as well that IdleConnectionTimeoutThread is available in
HttpClient 3.0 only.

Hope this helps,

Oleg