hc-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-httpclient Wiki] Update of "HttpComponentsActionPlan" by OlegKalnichevski
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 10:25:19 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-httpclient Wiki" for change
notification.

The following page has been changed by OlegKalnichevski:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/HttpComponentsActionPlan

      1. Redirect old site to new site
      2. Send email to announce, httpclient-user etc.
      3. Publish news (preferably to Slashdot :-), TheServerSide ? )
+  1. Decision on release strategy
+  1. First public ALPHA release of Jakarta HttpComponents HttpCore

  == Mail list migration ==

@@ -26, +28 @@

  The migration from Jakarta Commons to Jakarta HttpClient in Bugzilla was a nightmare. It
took 5 months and an unpleasant squabble with some high ranking infrastructure folks. We should
seriously consider moving to Jira at that point. Jira is believed to be more flexible with
regards to the project management

+ == Release strategy ==
+
+ HttpComponents are modularized and decoupled. We are planning to keep interdependencies
as well as external dependencies to the minimum. Presently several modules are planned: HttpCore,
HttpNIO, HttpAsync, NttpCookie, HttpAuth, HttpConn, HttpClient, RobotParser. At the same time
do we want to be releasing half a dozen of packages, one per SVN module? Do we want to have
a separate release cycle per SVN module?
+