hc-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Lynch <peter.ly...@Tangoe.com>
Subject IOException: Chunked stream ended unexpectedly
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:19:37 GMT
I am using HTTPClient and I am getting the following exception:

2005-10-18 10:13:34,738 ERROR HttpMethodBase - I/O failure reading response
body

java.io.IOException: chunked stream ended unexpectedly

        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.ChunkedInputStream.getChunkSizeFromInputStream
(ChunkedInputStream.java:234)

        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.ChunkedInputStream.nextChunk(ChunkedInputStrea
m.java:205)

        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.ChunkedInputStream.read(ChunkedInputStream.jav
a:160)

        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:109)

        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.AutoCloseInputStream.read(AutoCloseInputStream
.java:110)

        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:88)

        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.AutoCloseInputStream.read(AutoCloseInputStream
.java:129)

        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.getResponseBody(HttpMethodBase.
java:702)

I can see most of the page in the wire trace log.  I am not interested in
either displaying the page or in making sure I get everything on the page.
I am only interested in pulling a single bit of information from the page.
The wire trace log seems to display the information I need 100% of the time
but I seem unable to get any of the response body.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter