hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: [Jakarta-httpclient Wiki] Update of "NewProjectCharter" by MichaelBecke
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:36:33 GMT

Apache Wiki wrote:
> +  * {{{ Jakarta Http Components }}} '''MUST''' be content agnostic.
> The project '''DOES NOT''' develop components intended to produce or
> consume content of HTTP messages.

I guess Multipart-MIME is considered transport level.

> +  * {{{ Jakarta Http Components }}} develops an HTTP connector or a
> lightweight server component as a reference material to demonstrate
> the capabilities of the toolset. The said artifacts '''ARE NOT'''
> meant for production use and are not released as official Apache
> Jakarta products.

I would rephrase this so it is logically "not client" instead of
"server" component. This would allow us also to create a proxy
implementation (which we will need for testing purposes anyway).

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/
[blog] http://www.odi.ch/weblog/