hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jakarta HttpXXX Charter
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 07:36:59 GMT
On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 10:30:29PM -0400, Henri Yandell wrote:
> Never got round to adding it to Commons, robots.txt parser:
>
> http://www.osjava.org/norbert/ -> http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/norobots-rfc.html
>
> Web-spider:
>
> http://www.osjava.org/scraping-engine/
>
> HTML pseudo-scraper (probably more for Jakarta Silk/Web Components):
>
> http://www.osjava.org/genjava/multiprojects/gj-scrape/ (poor site at
> the moment, it's a substring()/indexOf() parsing system instead of
> trying to be fancy).
>
> Hen

Henri,

I think a web spider and robots.txt parser would be a welcome addition
to the project. If you are personally interested in porting these
applications to use HttpClient / Http Components go ahead and add the
web spider to the project goals and yourself to the list of intitial
committers. In my opinion voting you in to a committer status is a
matter of formality

Oleg