hc-dev mailing list archives

From "KOTA, KUMAR \(SBCSI\)" <kk9...@sbc.com>
Subject WebSphere 5.1/HTTPS issue
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:03:54 GMT
Hi All,

    HTTPS calls using WebSphere Application server 5.0 was working with
HTTPClient.  However, once we migrated to WebSphere Application Server
5.1, we keep receiving "SSLException: unknown certificate" error for
HTTPS calls.  I was wondering if this is a known issue of some sort?
And if there are any fixes available for this?

Thank you,
Kumar Kota

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Johnson [mailto:eric@tibco.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 9:56 AM
To: HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: Important things to discuss. Please make your opinion known

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

>Folks,
>
>There are three issues that I think we need to discuss:
>
>(1) I inquired with the Jakarta PMC regarding the possibility of the
project name change (Jakarta HttpClient -> Jakarta Http). The reaction
was overwhelming negative, primarily due to high likelihood of branding
conflict with Apache HTTPD, which is a very valid point. We have several
options here:

>(1.1) leave Jakarta and join another TLP (either Apache Tomcat or
Apache HTTPD) where _might_ be permitted to call the project jHTTP or
some such sort
>(1.2) stay with Jakarta and try to come up with a radically different
project name

I like Roland's suggestion of HTTP Agent (or is that HttpAgent?).  I
like Haiku as well, although that isn't self-explanatory, so it would be

my second choice.  I'm not coming up with any better altenatives.

>(1.3) essentially do nothing and keep the same name. In this case we
are likely to not be permitted to release any lightweight HTTP server or
proxy under Jakarta name

>(2) Migration to JIRA. This finally can happen and happen very soon.
The question is if we still want it. If yes, might have to decide on the
project name before the migration takes place

Since it appears that Bugzilla has finally gotten some attention and
badly needed upgrades, and HttpClient (or whatever we call it) is
finally a top-level project in Bugzilla, it seems like switching now
would provide minimal benefits, and might cause a major hassle.  All the

email archives that currently refer to bugzilla bugs with URLs would be
broken, for example.

>(3) 3.0 release. 3.0rc3 have not had any major bugs reported for quite
some time. Do we want to release another RC4 before the final release or
not?

I suggest doing an RC4, waiting a few weeks (or just two), and then
declare it final, assuming no bugs arise.

>Please let me know what you think. Everyone is very welcome to throw in
their ideas

Consider them thrown!

-Eric.