hc-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Johnson <e...@tibco.com>
Subject Re: session not closed tomcat's manager
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:23:22 GMT
Many web sites solve this problem by adding an additional request to the
server to terminate the session.  A "log out" command, if you will.  I
have done so myself.

Within your web application, you might be able to pick an unused URL,
map that to a new servlet in web.xml, and catch a POST request to logout
- it almost doesn't matter what the POST request contains.  In handling
that request, simply terminate the session.  You shouldn't have to touch
any of the existing server side code, just add new stuff.  As this is
the HttpClient mailing list, you should collect further help from the
user/dev mailing list of your chosen servlet engine.

-Eric.