hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: session not closed tomcat's manager
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:30:23 GMT
Eric,

this code looks funny - and is completely useless. Remove it.
All you have to do is call HttpMethod.releaseConnection.

You are trying to destroy a server-side session from the client side.
This is simply impossible. Your *webapplication* has to destroy the
session with a call to HttpSession.invalidate(). Or you can simply wait
until it expires. Default timeout is something like 30 minutes or so.
Normally a session is destroyed upon "logout" from the webapp. How that
happens is not standardized and depends completely on the concrete
implementation.

Ortwin Glück

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/