hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: [HttpCommon] NIO is one huge disappointment
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:39:02 GMT

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> Odi,
>
> (1) Please take a closer look at the exception stack trace. The exception
> is thrown when the server socket gets interrupted while blocked in the
> listen method. This exception is perfectly legitimate in this context

Okay.

> (2) This should not really require a PhD Stanford to figure out that if
> you hardware is faster that the one I used to run the test you might
> want to tweak the parameters a little in order to make the numbers a
> little more representative. Please increase the buffer size and retest

Ok, with 10 times as much data (10 MB), I get:

Old IO average time (ms): 121
Blocking NIO average time (ms): 119
NIO with Select average time (ms): 133

The jitter is now around 10-15%. So the three values still are all in
the same statistical bucket. That means there is no notable performance
difference below 10 MB of data.

Odi

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/