hc-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <...@odi.ch>
Subject Re: httpclient NTLM with Windows XP Professional
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:12:34 GMT
No it is not peculiar. AFAIK, MS boxes do not necessarily authenticate
on a HTTP session/request basis. I believe they somehow authenticate
once with SMB and higher level protocols just accept this low-level
authentication as granted. Typically they perform authentication when:
  * they log on to a domain controller
  * you map a drive
  * you use management console to change something on the remote machine
  * etc.

Odi

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/