hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HttpCommon] NIO is one huge disappointment (maybe not)
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:04:08 GMT
On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 04:21:29PM +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> > Bytes written: 200,482,200
> > Calls to writeToChannel: 1,126,198
> > Bytes written per call: ~178
> >
> > This seems pretty fishy to me considering that the buffer is 4096
> > bytes.  My knowledge of NIO is quite limited so I don't have much to
> > compare these numbers to.  Any ideas?
>
> One guess out of the blue: auto-flush after each header line?
>
> cheers,
>   Roland

That would have been just way too easy.

This is how a 10000 bytes POST gets chunked:

221
8192
8192
8192
8192
8192
8192
8192
8192
8192
8192
8192
8192
1696
Request: POST /servlets-examples/servlet/RequestInfoExample HTTP/1.1
Average (nanosec): 146,754,126

Looks sane to me: request line + headers in one chunk, the body chunks
perfectly fit one IP frame. This should have been blasingly fast

Oleg