hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jakarta HttpXXX Charter
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:09:20 GMT
On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 13:28 -0700, Eric Johnson wrote:
> A good start indeed.
>
> It seems to me that explicitly identifying the RFCs and specs that will
> be addressed would go a long way towards clarifying what it *DOES* and
> *DOES NOT* do.

Good idea, Eric. Actually after having looked at the HttpClient features
page [1] I just realized that even existing project scope does not
inhibit development of server side components. The first line clearly
states "Standards based, pure Java, implementation of HTTP versions 1.0
and 1.1". There's no mentioning of client-side only scope.

Oleg

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/features.html