hc-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject [Cookie2] First impressions
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 23:40:05 GMT
Samit,

These are my first impressions about the overall design. All my
suggestions are primarily intended to minimize the impact on the
existing API. They are not necessarily the best ideas from the design
perspective. However, since we are redesigning 3.0 API anyway, I
personally do not see a big problem with that.

(1) We should not change the CookieSpec interface. I am not entirely
sure CookieSpec#getCookieVersion() is necessary at all. I think the
CookiePolicy class can be used instead to achieve the same net result. A
method of the CookiePolicy class that returns a cookie spec given the
cookie version may well do the job

(2) Cookie class changed to include RFC2965 specific attributes. I would
rather extend Cookie class and put all RFC2965 specific attributes into
a Cookie2 class, if that is feasible.

(3) We have 39 failing test cases

Test cases breakage must be fixed before the deadline. Other stuff is
subjective and thus can be addressed past Sept 1st, provided you agree
with my points

Oleg