hc-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Portalez <eric.porta...@rdb.ap-hop-paris.fr>
Subject Re: session not closed tomcat's manager
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:02:25 GMT
It is exactly what I'm saying, Ortwin.
This explains the origin of my funny code. I belived it was correct.
Otherwise, is there a mean of getting the current connection, or are we just
supposed the manage it after the "method.execute()" ?

Eric Portalez

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ortwin Glück" <odi@odi.ch>
To: "HttpClient Project" <httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: session not closed tomcat's manager

Eric,

Are you saying that code is in Slide?
This code is complete bollocks in my opinion. It gets a new connection
from the connection manager and closes it again.

Ortwin Glück

Eric Portalez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I prefere to be sure of well understanding your recommandations.
> Here is the original code of the closeSession() method, extract from the
webdav API.

> public void closeSession()
>         throws IOException
>     {
>         if(client != null)
>         {

client.getHttpConnectionManager().getConnection(client.getHostConfiguration(
)).close();
>             client = null;
>         }
>     }
>
> My question is :
> Does
"client.getHttpConnectionManager().getConnection(client.getHostConfiguration
())" get an existing connection or create a new connection ?
?

> Thanks
>
> Eric

)).setConnectionTimeout(1);

client.getHttpConnectionManager().releaseConnection(client.getHttpConnection
Manager().getConnection(client.getHostConfiguration()));

client.getHttpConnectionManager().getConnection(client.getHostConfiguration(
)).close();
>>   client.setConnectionTimeout(1);
>>   client = null;
>>  }
>>}
>>

>>I've tried differents combinations without any success. My manager in
tomcat always shows me that the session is opende.

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/
[blog] http://www.odi.ch/weblog/