hc-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Portalez <eric.porta...@rdb.ap-hop-paris.fr>
Subject Re: session not closed tomcat's manager
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:14:55 GMT

Hi Steve,

don't die from laughing...
Yes, your suggestion seems good. But I'm afraid of modifying that code,
because it is a bit complexe (slide server api).

Thanks.

Eric PORTALEZ

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Johnson" <sjohnson@mercury.com>
To: "'HttpClient Project'" <httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 5:37 PM
Subject: RE: session not closed tomcat's manager

I can't stop laughing.
Anyway, wouldn't it be reasonable that if you properly
closed the client side connection that the server side
session would be informed of this and close its session?

thanks,

Eric,

this code looks funny - and is completely useless. Remove it.
All you have to do is call HttpMethod.releaseConnection.

You are trying to destroy a server-side session from the client side.
This is simply impossible. Your *webapplication* has to destroy the
session with a call to HttpSession.invalidate(). Or you can simply wait
until it expires. Default timeout is something like 30 minutes or so.
Normally a session is destroyed upon "logout" from the webapp. How that
happens is not standardized and depends completely on the concrete
implementation.

Ortwin Gl├╝ck

Eric Portalez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to terminate properly my session, but I don't manage.
>
> Here my code :
>
> public void closeSession() throws IOException{
>   if(client != null){

client.getHttpConnectionManager().getConnection(client.getHostConfiguration(
)).setConnectionTimeout(1);

client.getHttpConnectionManager().releaseConnection(client.getHttpConnection
Manager().getConnection(client.get
HostConfiguration()));

client.getHttpConnectionManager().getConnection(client.getHostConfiguration(
)).close();
>    client.setConnectionTimeout(1);
>    client = null;
>   }
> }
>

> I've tried differents combinations without any success. My manager in
tomcat always shows me that the
session is opende.

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/