hc-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Portalez <eric.porta...@rdb.ap-hop-paris.fr>
Subject Re: session not closed tomcat's manager
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:46:35 GMT
Thank you.

I call HttpMethod.releaseConnection, indeed.

You perfectly right about my intention : destroy the opened session on my
server.
My problem is that I have to fix the timeout at 2 hours (I can't explain why
here, it would be too long).
But, in some cases, I don't want my session exist too long.

The line
client.getHttpConnectionManager().getConnection(client.getHostConfiguration(
)).setConnectionTimeout(1);
is not taken into account, maybe because I have to call it before the call
of the executeMethod() ?

I will do some tests.

If you have any others suggestions, I would appreciate them.

Thanks.

Eric Portalez.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ortwin Glück" <odi@odi.ch>
To: "HttpClient Project" <httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: session not closed tomcat's manager

Eric,

this code looks funny - and is completely useless. Remove it.
All you have to do is call HttpMethod.releaseConnection.

You are trying to destroy a server-side session from the client side.
This is simply impossible. Your *webapplication* has to destroy the
session with a call to HttpSession.invalidate(). Or you can simply wait
until it expires. Default timeout is something like 30 minutes or so.
Normally a session is destroyed upon "logout" from the webapp. How that
happens is not standardized and depends completely on the concrete
implementation.

Ortwin Glück

Eric Portalez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to terminate properly my session, but I don't manage.
>
> Here my code :
>
> public void closeSession() throws IOException{
>   if(client != null){

client.getHttpConnectionManager().getConnection(client.getHostConfiguration(
)).setConnectionTimeout(1);

client.getHttpConnectionManager().releaseConnection(client.getHttpConnection
Manager().getConnection(client.getHostConfiguration()));

client.getHttpConnectionManager().getConnection(client.getHostConfiguration(
)).close();
>    client.setConnectionTimeout(1);
>    client = null;
>   }
> }
>

> I've tried differents combinations without any success. My manager in
tomcat always shows me that the session is opende.

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/
[blog] http://www.odi.ch/weblog/