hc-dev mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ROLWE...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: server code in test sources
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 13:51:57 GMT
Hello Benjamin,

HttpClient 4.0 has a componentized architecture, so you can
pick and choose what you need or want. For convenience,
there is a component called http-client which ties together
many of the more basic components, to provide functionality
equivalent to the current HttpClient 3.0.
In your case, you would probably just need the component
http-common instead of http-client with it's dependency on
http-cookie and http-auth.

hope that explains it,
  Roland

Benjamin Chevillon <bchevill.ml@gmail.com>
08.07.2005 15:16
Please respond to
"HttpClient Project"

HttpClient Project <httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: server code in test sources

Hello all,

I just discovered the wiki page about API 4.0 redesign. I appreciate
the clear classification and dependencies scheme.
In my application I use HttpClient for Http pure text call in a LAN.
So I hoped the API 4.0 would permit that one can have a very simple
Http Client (with MultiThreaded capabilities), without dependencies to
commons-codec, or http-cookie or http-auth (or proxy, or else).
Indeed, the library needed are pretty heavy today for a pure text,
cookie-free, proxy-free, auth-free usage of HttpClient. Maybe I'm
wrong or I misunderstood the wiki page, but this seems not to be the
case for 4.0. Does my hope is shared by others? Or maybe this is not
the today's goal?

Regards,

Benjamin